19 October, 2017
A modest Storm for a prize-touting Storm, but all the more reason for the pasta chefs to relish their moment. As was the case with Few Sillier, Unravioli, Penne Name, Papa Dell and Dodgy Diavolo, who ladled quality all last week.
The challenge was twofold - to create a plausible pasta, and to clue those impastas I'd already devised. The best overall (as opposed to the best overalls) would win a copy of my new Gargantuan Book of Words, that does a whole lot more than invent pasta.
With no further oregano, the top 3 impastas, in ascending order:
3. Mickey Rooney (Few Sillier)
2. Ghetto Lingo (Penne Name)
1. Ugly Auntie (Penne again)
Top 3 impasta clues:
3. MONDAY LOTTO = Saying covers any old mistake (Un-Ravioli)
2. BUSY DELI = DIY blues after renovation (Few Sillier)
1. TAN BIKINI = Lauda reverses to stop in Batmobile (Few Sillier)
The surface sleekness of that last clue won me over, with both Few Sillier and Penne Name sharing the honours - yet not the spoils. Agouri, Sillier! You've won a Gargantuan prize, just as soon as you can reveal your secret recipes, and let me know your address via email. Thanks for the fun. Ciao for niao.