26 June, 2015
A follow-up on last week's Clues of Repute, whose answers are below. Just as before, you face ten tricky and superlative clues drawn from an all-UK party of compilers, their work appearing in the first half of this year.
And once more, I've placed the more difficult towards the back of the list, though this a thronier bunch overall. In short: look before you leap, to quote an old Greek mate of mine.
1. In brief affairs love reigns, then is ruined (3-8) [Sunday Times 930]
2. La Dolce Vita's awful singer (4,8) [Sunday Times 939]
3. Hit mural? (6) [Hieroglyph]
4. A choice of extremes in perversion? (4) [Paul]
5. Therefore a colour for a rose is rose? (6) [Picaroon]
6. Key copies for jailbreaks, say [Puck]
7. All expectant by the fire [Times 10234]
8. Security guards on duty (9) [Anax]
9. Sally I notice runs to the front (7) [Times 10242]
10. Close to forehand in set against friend (8) [Screw]
LAST WEEK'S ANSWERS: Contemporary, lesson, prey, Walter Mitty, cheerio, nowhere, proxima centauri, uninstall, premier, pageboy haircut