7 February, 2017
Ten more splendid clues for you to chew, all encountered in British puzzles over the last five weeks, plus one local setter you may recognise. A mixed bag too - with a few gimmes, and some major brain-burners, such as the final quartet, which may well call for teamwork to undo. See how many you can nail.
1. Too many gluttons ask for seconds (4) [Gila]
2. Reversing, say, a spacecraft's docking procedure (7) [Brummie]
3. Royals are corrupt? Time for a revolution (5,4) [Toro]
4. Futile swimming in central European river, one that's deep (10) [Nestor]
5. The Cure perform without guitarist? (7) [SK]
6. As swine in decay, they can't fly (11) [Paul]
WARNING: EXTRA TOUGH
7. Brooding opening piece, involving piano (13) [Picaroon]
8. Media editor not oddly involved in his work? (3,8) [Screw]
9. Handle not normally used to open or close? (6,4) [Vlad]
10. Animal amongst camel's ancestors, for example? (7) [Puck]
If you seek wisdom, ask. If you are wise, share.