7 December, 2017
Same deal as the other week - an octet of high-octane clues plucked from British puzzles through the year. No easier, these eight will need your grey matter, and your collective wisdom to boot.
Then, when solved, can you compose alternative clues for the same eight solutions? For one clue, you will need to bear in mind its culprit...
1. Lackey evidently revealing thighs? (6) [Times 10985]
2. Clothes off, as rubber will do (4,4) [Anax]
3. Hole opening in road, careful to go round it (6) [Paul]
4. Old enough to be a model (7) [Sunday Times 1074]
5. Tempt government to swap sides (4) [Arachne]
6. Ray, I assumed, picked up a generous invitation (2,2,5) [Times 11020]
7. Number one from George, John and Paul's dismal (6) [Paul]
8. The same two places to find students (7) [Picaroon]
Brainwaves, great saves and new clues below.