17 April, 2015
Seven more sizzlers from the Times archive, circa 1998. A long time between solutions, but all the more reason to delight the palate.
See how many you can crack. And as a bonus challenge, see if you can conjure a classy clue to denote any of today's answers. Ready? Git.
1. Small bird feeling pain, having wings clipped (6)
2. Smash hit a crass release (9)
3. Spotted Three Stooges after a fight? (4)
4. Iron spirit - backbone (5)
5. Independently ring three times with different directions (2,4,3)
6. Very heavy rain can do damage (9)
7. Christmas present - open with anger (12)
A little kinder this lot - but still delectable.