28 December, 2010
New batch of six today. Crack the clues, sharing or skiting in the Comments section, then mix the allocated letters to create a new word.
Next, going with the cryptic flow, see if you can compose a deft clue for that new word, and share it in the Comments. This time round you need to mix the SECOND LETTER of every answer.
1. Saving player energy with a rest (6) [Times 8819]
2. Country’s queen, perhaps, embracing ours, being overfamiliar (6) [Times 8872]
3. Pull out claw (7) [Armonie]
4. Extra dependency on carbon emission (8) [Times 8869]
5. Numbskull dashed about in a tizzy (8) [Crucible]
6. Being sixteen, suffers regular occurrence of acne (9) [Times 8789]"