15 March, 2013
Seems Friday is DA-day in Melbourne too, The Age falling into synch with Sydney. Some solvers are irked – going by the odd email – most citizens appear delighted. I am too, I must admit. As fits go, Friday seems snugger for the week’s bugger.
Disgruntlement, the word, has prompted this week’s Friday folly. DIS, as you know, is slang for disrespect, or to disparage. Which makes me think ‘Othello sucks’ could be to DIS-PLAY. While a trickier twist could be ‘Any brothel is a pigsty’ may be to DIS-HO-NEST.
Here are six more DIS- words converted into sledges. See if you can name them. And without resorting to obscenity, feel free to extend the list of gripes, giving byline and number as you go.
- Yarralumla is for yuppies (8)
- Only knobs come from Knossus (8)
- Puhleez, banksia men?! (6)
- Ditch those vile daisy thingos (9)
- Jeez that’s one ugly item of flash jewelry (9)
- Sorry Lily, but numbers are for muppets (10 – two answers)
And have a nice day, won’t you.