31 July, 2019
Long overdue for an opaque clue or two. Below is a batch of perplexing clues drawn from an array of British puzzles, with each of them still thwarting my bid to grasp the wordplay in full. If you think you can shed some light on the matter - any of these matters - then your counsel is encouraged.
(And if you feel like some freewheeling clue-mongering, then you're welcome to conjure original clues for the same answers. A chance to strut with 'normal' words, away from the WoW challenges.) Thanks for both in advance.
1. Stitch finally made runner fall = PURLER (Times 11,453)
2. Attending party in NI, doctor by nature smart = DRESSED UP (Times 11,456)
3. Picks up brown coat leader of hospital body’s dropped = RUSTS (Times 11,457)
4. It follows funk broadcast in European city = SOFIA (Times, 11,449)
5. Man with cross to bear: that’s self-evident = AXIOM (as above)
6. Reduced opening for leasing arrangement = GROUND RENT (Times 11,499)
7. Plant by seawater never appearing evenly = YEW TREE (Loglady - The Indy)